Saturday, July 23, 2016

DUSTY FARRELL IN MY STUDIO!!!

The first half of July was an extremely busy time in my studio, and household. First, our good friends Glen & Sherry went on an epic adventure, riding their Harley's to the West Coast, 4,400+ miles! Soooo.... we got to babysit their dog, Chase, a Golden Retriever. Chase is best buds with our Boxer, Buddy and fit right in with our pack. Nap time was a favorite activity.



Then, Dusty & Stephanie Farrell of Country Stitchin' came to visit! We set up my studio, borrowing an extra Gammill from my friend, Judy. Three Gammills in my studio! With Dusty teaching classes for the next 4 days, we were set. Oh, and yes, Cookie, their Chihuahua joined the pack. So we were now up to 5 dogs and a cat!


Dusty's classes began early Wednesday morning. He demo-ed some amazing ruler designs and background fillers. Everyone had plenty of hands-on time and personal attention. You can see from their expressions, the students had fun while absorbing all the information Dusty shared!













We even talked quilting during lunch while Dusty drew out some designs!





Four great days of classes! The creativity was flowing.....


How to decorate a Baptist Fan........




Some rulers we played with....



 How to use Skully........



WOW!!!!!!


Don't think we let Stephanie off the hook. She visited my local quilt guild, Perky Piecers where she demo-ed her Ruler Foot for domestic machines and all the rulers she has designed to use with it!


Dusty also did some quilting on leather, two biker-style vests and one student's chaps. My next blog post will be all about our adventures in quilting leather. I've ordered 2 vests for me to quilt on, so maybe I'll have those done by then.

We had a wonderful week with good friends, talented quilters and the Dog Pack! 
Dusty will be returning to Missouri Saturday September 10 for a lecture and Trunk Show. Let me know if you would like to attend. Email me at atticthreads@yahoo.com for details.

Happy Quilting!
Ann

1 comment:

  1. I was one of the very fortunate to attend Dusty's workshop, and I'm still pinching myself. Thank you for the hospitality and for making all the arrangements. Linda Wilshire

    ReplyDelete