Sunday, May 13, 2018

2018 Mystery Quilt - Diamonds are a Quilter's Best Friend

It's been a wild month! Hubby and I drove to Sandy, Utah for the UQSM show. I had the honor of teaching some AMAZING quilters in my 7 classes! It was so much fun, but exhausting. The drive thru the mountains was beautiful. I was able to re-connect with some great friends and spent waaaay to much $$ at my favorite vendors! I promise to blog next week with lots of pics! But, on to what you all have been patiently waiting for......

Clue 3

Ok, copywrite stuff first.... 

You have my permission to use my pattern for your guild or sewing group mystery quilt. You may make and share copies of my pattern as long as all copies have my name and blog name on them. If you would like a pdf file for your group, please email me and I will add you to my list.  atticthreads@yahoo.com



This month we’re going to be cutting and sewing.  There are 2 sets of directions, so choose the set for your quilt, either Layer Cake Mystery Quilt or Scrappy Quilts of Valor Mystery Quilt.

Layer Cake Mystery Quilt

This month we are going to use Bag 4, marked E and F  

** Make sure you have Bag 4, we’re a little out of order!

          6 squares from your layer cake
          6 Squares from your background fabric cut 10” x 10”

Start sewing, you can strip piece thru this quite quickly!
Place a layer cake square right sides together with a background square.  
Sew 1/4” up 2 opposite sides. Repeat for all 6 layer cake squares.



 Cut 3 1/4” from each stitched side.  Press to the layer cake Piece. 
Trim the center pieces to 3 1/4” wide. 

Mix up the Pieces for a scrappier look.  Sew a center piece to one Side of each stitched pair. Make 6 of each of these blocks.

 


Put the 12 blocks in the bag marked "E & F".



Quilts of Valor Mystery Quilt

This month we are going to use Bag 4, marked       E and F  

** Make sure you have Bag 4, we’re a little out of order!

           From your RED fabric                    18 pieces 3 1/4” x 10”

           From your background fabric         18 pieces 3 1/4” x 10”

Start sewing, you can strip piece thru this quite quickly!

Sew a Red strip to a background strip. Make 12 of these pairs. Press to the red fabric. 

Sew a remaining red strip to the background strip of a stitched pair. Press to the red fabric.

Sew a remaining background strip to the red strip of a stitched pair. Press to the red fabric.

Make 6 of each of these blocks,

 

Put the 12 blocks in the bag marked "E & F".


I hope you have as much fun with strip piecing as I do. A good movie, or some music, a glass of wine or maybe ice tea and piece away. 
Please send me pictures of your blocks, I love seeing quilter's fabric choices!

Happy Quilting,
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment