Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hello World!

First, let me introduce myself. Ann.  I am a LongArm Quilter.  That being said, I'm not sure what anyone would want to know.  I come from a long line of quilters.  My Great-Grandma, Lizzie queen of scraps, because being poor, she had mostly scraps to make her quilts. I have 3 binders full of her patterns, mostly cut from newspapers.  My Grandma, Barbara, the most amazing appliquer I've ever known, also my role model and mentor whom I miss dearly.  My mother, Betty, piecer and embroiderer.  I learned to hand-quilt at Grandma's church and so my love of quilting began.  Eventually about 8 years ago I bought my first longarm and about 4 years ago upgraded to BeBe, my Gammill.  I do some quilting for others, (special few) but what I love most is quilting my stuff! My Goal? To be a featured quilter somewhere other than my living room! LOL!

I belong to ShowMe LongArm Quilt Guild, an amazing group (about 60) of quilters.  We recently completed our 2013 challenge. So here's my entry....


And a close up....


And the back....

This was a fun quilt to do.  There were 16 quilts finished for this challenge.  If you get to MQS in Wichita May 14-18, please look for our Special Exhibit.
Happy Quilting
Ann


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogland Ann! It's about time! LOL
    I promise to follow your blog religiously! Your quilt for the MQS challenge is AMAZEBALLS as usual!

    ReplyDelete